Thursday, October 10, 2013

Bird lover

I glanced to my left on the drive to pick up Tesfu from preschool when I saw three horses running towards a flock of birds in the field.  They would get to the birds, the birds would fly to a new location, the horses would run in the new direction, the birds would fly away to a new spot, the horses would run after them, and so it continued until I couldn't see them anymore.  It reminded me of how I annoyed I got when Tesfu was doing the same thing to a group of bluejays in the park this past weekend.  Running in the sunshine right towards several birds, throwing his arms up in the air and following them as they flew up, then rested in a new place, only to be chased away by a wee boy intent on keeping them in the air.

I think if I could, I would scold those horses.

2 comments: